The process starts with the recording and reporting of daily cash transactions and monthly reports of collections and deposits by the RCO. The Collection Section of the RDO encodes tax payment in the CBR or PDES for uploading into the CBR-ITS database by the RDC. CBR and RPS processing, as well as the preparation of the collection report, are also undertaken by the Collection Section in the same manner as in the processing of collections through AAB-OTC. Reports of collection and deposits are submitted to the Finance Division and the Collection Division of the Region for monitoring. The collections through the RCOs are integrated into the consolidated monthly statistical report of revenue collections.
The RCO shall:
- Segregate the tax returns/forms/declarations “with payment” from “no payment”;
- Record the daily transactions in the Cash Receipts Record;
- Prepare the BCS-A and BCS-B in triplicate copies for all tax returns/forms/declarations “with payment” and “no payment,” and the returns/forms/declarations paid thru TDM only, respectively;
- Forward the BCS-A and BCS-B, together with the copies of tax returns/forms/declarations to the Collection Section, RDO, for encoding of payment information;
- Prepare the Monthly Report of Collections and Deposits (MRCD) (Annex 100-1.15); and
- Submit three (3)copies of the MRCD and RORs to the Collection Section, RDO, for distribution to the Finance Division of the concerned Revenue Regions and the COA on or before the 5th day of the following month.
The RDO Collection Section, shall:
- Receive from RCOs the BCS-A and BCS-B, together with the copies of tax returns/forms/declarations, RORs, and the MRCD;
- Match the BCS-A and the tax returns/forms/declarations, RORs and the deposit slips. Coordinate with the concerned RCOs in case of discrepancy;
- Encode the payment information using the CBR “ADD” facility – DEPOSIT SLIP FOR TRANSACTION” of ITS, for computerized districts, or the PDES, for non-computerized districts, and transmit the same to the RDC for uploading to CBR-ITS;
- Prepare and submit the consolidated MRCD (Annex 100-1.16) of the RDO to the Collection Division/Finance Division of the respective region; and
- Forward the BCS-S and BCS-B, together with the original and duplicate copies of the tax returns/forms/declarations and the RORs, to the Data Processing Section (DPS) of the RDO for returns processing.
The Collection Section and the DPS of the RDO shall process all tax returns/forms/declarations in accordance with the procedures in reporting of collections through AAB-OTC (Refer to CM 101.2 Payment through AAB for OTC Transactions- Collection Reporting – See RPS and CBR Processing).
The RDC shall:
- Receive the payment information encoded in the CBR “ADD” facility by the computerized districts and the PDES by the non-computerized district and upload the payment data to the CBR-ITS; and
- Generate BIR Form No. 12.09 collection report monthly not later than the 10th day of the following monthly and forward to the RDO for validation.
The RDO, in the preparation of the Monthly Collection Report, shall:
- Receive the system-generated collection report from the RDC;
- Validate payments through the RCO, and make the necessary adjustment and/or request for data-fix, in accordance with existing rules and policies, in case of discrepancies; and
- Submit the validated BIR Form No. 12.09 to the Statistics Division and the Regional Collection Division, copy furnished RAD not later than the 15th day of the following month.
The Regional Finance Division shall:
- Receive the consolidated MRCD of the RDO and the triplicate copies of RORs from the Collection Section of the RDO;
- Reconcile the information reflected on the reports and the collection details on the copies of issued RORs received. Coordinate with RDOs, in case of discrepancy/ies;
- Prepare the BIR JEV taking up the collections and deposits per MRCD received;
- Record the tax collections and deposits per MRCD received;
- Prepare and generate the Monthly Trial Balance and Financial Statements/Schedules;
- Validate the remittances of RCOs from the regional offices of the BTr. Coordinate with the RDOs; in case of discrepancy; and
- Prepare the consolidated Regional MRCD and submit the same, together with the Trial Balance/Financial Statements/Schedules, to the Regional Collection Division, copy furnished RAD.
The Regional Collection Division shall:
- Receive the consolidated MRCD from the RDOs and the consolidated regional validated MRCD from the Finance Division;
- Reconcile the reports and coordinate with the RDO/Finance Division, in case of discrepancy;
- Submit the consolidated MRCD (Annex 100-1.17) of the RDOs to the Collection Service, attention: RAD not later than the 20th day of the following month;
- Receive the validated BIR Form No. 12.09 collection reports from the RDOs;
- Review and consolidate the BIR Form No. 12.09 collection report received from the RDOs; and
- Submit the consolidated Regional BIR Form No. 12.09 collection report to the Statistical Division not later than the 20th day of the following month.